Cloudflare, what is it ?
Founded in 2007, Cloudflare is the leading integrated web security and performance solution. The company has an interconnected network and is located in over 270 cities around the world. Cloudflare provides CDN, security and data protection services to enterprises, developers, teams and the general public. Its network and various solutions allow companies to secure all their websites, web applications and connected tools and improve their performance.
In this article, we explain the different services and solutions offered by Cloudflare.
Cloudflare, the defender of your data
The world is constantly changing: employees are increasingly mobile and applications are constantly evolving. This means that you have to be able to adapt while protecting an ever-growing perimeter. In this context, Cloudflare is an essential tool of the SOC. It interfaces easily with the various SIEMs on the market, to which Cloudflare transmits all the information on traffic and attempted attacks from the first line of defense.
These technological developments can lead to many risky situations. Cybercriminals are renewing their ingenuity to take advantage of these changes. Your organization needs to address these changes with a solution that encompasses your entire infrastructure. The Cloudflare Platform blocks an average of 70 billion cyber threats per day. Your information system is protected from all kinds of threats with industry-leading features :
- DDoS (distributed denial of service) protection: Cloudflare’s network blocks an average of 117 billion DDoS attacks per day, including some of the largest in history. This protection identifies and mitigates most attacks in less than three seconds.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) : based on data from 35 million requests per second.
- Bots Management : Cloudflare defends your infrastructure against malicious bots that are responsible for content extraction or account infiltration attacks.
- API Shield : This shield protects application programming interfaces through mutual authentication and schema validation. Last year, this edge traffic grew 300% faster than web traffic.
- Page Shield : This shield protects confidential data (including payment card data) in end-user browsers.
- Cloudflare for SaaS : Software as a Service developers can now manage their customers’ websites while protecting their applications from data breaches.
Cloudflare, your performance booster
Present in more than 100 countries, the Cloudflare platform delivers content as close as possible to the users’ request with its CDN content delivery network. So there’s no compromise between safety and performance. Loading speed, network availability, traffic fluidity… The various features of the solution considerably improve the functioning of your website :
- Intelligent routing : it adapts in real time to network conditions. This greatly reduces page loading time.
- Domain Name System (DNS) : Cloudflare handles DNS resolution at the network edge to ensure 100% uptime. This translation of the Internet domain name into an IP address makes it one of the fastest tools in the world.
- Load Balancing : Load balancing allows you to distribute traffic between the different servers. Thanks to this feature, the servers are never saturated.
- Website optimization : the platform provides its users with a compression algorithm. By adjusting the content of pages, it allows to improve their rendering, their loading time and thus, the user experience (UX).
- Video streaming : Caching enables fast delivery of video content while saving on bandwidth costs.
The Cloudflare CDN, an innovative technology
What is a content delivery network ?
A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a network of servers that distributes content to Internet users around the world from an origin server. The routed data is cached in different locations near the end users.
How a Content Delivery Network works ?
The static content of a website is stored simultaneously in various servers around the world. These points of presence (PoPs) deliver the cached information to nearby visitors.
What is the purpose of a CDN ?
Caching data allows to reduce bandwidth consumption and thus, to increase the speed of page loading. This criterion is essential for the referencing of your website (SEO) but also for the security of your data. Moreover, it improves the user experience (UX) and reduces your bandwidth costs. When you know that 80% of the content of a website is static, the use of a solution such as Cloudflare can quickly prove to be very profitable when you reach an international target.
Castelis and Cloudflare, a partnership that adapts to your needs
A guarantee of safety and performance, the Cloudflare solution is used by 22% of websites worldwide. By digitizing their infrastructure, companies are more agile and have better control of their costs. This allows them to adapt to the demands of constant innovation and the challenges of tomorrow.
Would you like to try Cloudflare? Castelis is the first certified provider to implement and manage Cloudflare solutions on a daily basis: a quick implementation, a daily maintenance, to manage the run in a simple and efficient way.